Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Potty Trained...................YES!

Diesl is officially potty trained!!!
I had made previous attempts since he was two and it just wasn't happening. He would go for a day and then refuse the next. I had heard that kids can sometimes regress when a new baby comes home so I decided to wait until after Addison was born. Well, am I ever glad I did.
He was showing signs of readiness by going potty before baths and every time he'd wet in his diaper, he would stop and look down at himself (like he knew he just went pee.)
On the morning of Feb. 24 we took him in to the bathroom and told him that he is going to wear big boy underwear now and he can't poop or pee on Lightning McQueen cuz he'll be sad. Needless to say, the first two days were filled with multiple changing of underwear. I felt like popping a diaper back on the kid but everyone said "Don't do it!"
Well after one week I must say that he is OFFICIALLY trained. He has not woke up from a nap wet at all and only 2 times has he woke up from a long nights sleep wet.
I am so glad I waited until he was ready. It turned out to be such a smooth process. For REAL!

2 FUNNY things said by the little man during training:
1. He was playing in our room when all of the sudden I could see his start to pee. He looked down, sincerely and apologetically said, "Mom, it spilled." ('It' meaning his you know what)
2. The first few days I had to schedule his potty breaks to get him used to going. He got so sick of it after a while. He sat on the toilet and looked up at me and said, "I can't mom, it's broken."

I love my Diesl!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is too cute! Kids just say some of the cutest things:) Hooray for him being potty trained!!! That fantastic day is still a long ways off for us;)