Friday, March 19, 2010

San Diego!

Adam's brother Brian and his wife Holly invited us to go to San Diego with them over their Spring break. Adam's Spring break was the week before so we could only go for a few days if we went. Things worked out with Adam's school and work so we planned the trip for March 16, 17, 18. Brian, Holly, and Blake showed up Fri. 12 that night. Sat. morning we went yard selling. Later, we went to Tai Pan (which it was so windy by then, the doors of Tai Pan broke) and then had pizza that night, played Ticket to Ride and sang Happy Birthday to Brian and ate Monkey Bread...YUM. After we all went to Sacrament meeting Sunday, Brian and Holly left for Cali.
We left for Cali. Tues. 16 afternoon and arrived sometime between 8 or 9 pm. Addison screamed the last 1/2 hr. of driving and that is it but it was a rough 1/2 hr. Brian and Holly got a great deal on the hotel stay which was awesome!
Thanks again.
Wed. we went to Sea World and had a blast. After, we ate at In 'N Out (which is way better then the one here for some reason.)
Thurs. morning we headed to the San Diego Temple to do some sealings and watch each others kids. Adam and I went to go first but had some troubles with our recommends. We had just got them renewed but had no time to meet with our stake pres. before this trip so our Bishop told us to show them our old one too and that should work for now. Well, it didn't and they could not get a hold of our bishop on the phone. I will admit that I was pretty darn upset. But at least we got to enjoy the beautiful Temple grounds and spend time with Blake (Holly and Brian's son.) Later we went to La Jolla beach. I had never been to a Cali. beach before. I think I would've enjoyed it more if I wasn't so upset about not being able to go in the Temple and it was also a bit cold and really windy. That didn't stop Adam and Diesl from jumping right in. We headed home that afternoon and made safe and sound at 1 am:)
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: SAN DIEGO
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox

All in all it was a GREAT trip and we are so glad we went and got to spend some quality time with the Penrose's and have loads of FUN at the same time.

1 comment:

Holly said...

We are so glad that you came with us!! The smilebox that you made it SO cute!! I need to get those pics from you. yours turned out way better than ours!! : )