TRUNK or TREAT!



On Friday our ward did their annual trunk-or-treat as well as a chili cook-off. This was the first trunk-or-treat I have ever been to and it was interesting; actually, let's say not well organized.
First off, I must tell you that I have come to realize that Diesl is not the type of kid that you can wake up from his nap and tell him all the fun things he's about to take part in, and expect him to be excited. He's complete opposite. He did not want to go. He kept telling me he was tired but I had to be on time because I was bringing chili. My grandma came over and helped me make her famous, yummy, and wonderful chili while Diesl was SUPPOSED to be napping. He climbed out of his be 4 times before finally falling asleep 1 hr. after he normally does. Talk about stress!
So, the first pic you see of Pirate Diesl is a very serious one. No kid could ever pull a good pirate face like that if you asked him to. He was not a happy pirate at first.
Then after some good chili and corn bread, he began to perk up. He gets along so well with his little girl friend from nursery, Bella. It is so cute to hear their conversations sometimes. One week at church, Bella was wearing a new dress with polka dots. She said to Diesl, "Look at my pretty dress" Diesl walked up real close and pointed at the dress saying "Cool, circles!"
CARVING PUMPKINS!

Friday night Adam and I began carving pumpkins after putting Diesl to bed. We wanted him to be able to do it with us but it was after 10 pm when we got started. We didn't get to bed until 1 am. It was all worth it. Adam and I got to spend some time alone together and we got to do what we love to do every year for Halloween, carve pumpkins. Mine is on the left and Adams is on the right. He is awesome at tiny detailed work and always does an amazing job.
HALLOWEEN NIGHT!



On Halloween day it was beautiful weather so we spent a lot of time outside. Adam worked in the morning and then that night we went to my grandma's house to have more chili and watch the Utes play football. Diesl was so moody that we decided not to take him around the neigborhood trick-or-treating. He had enough candy anyways from the night before.
GOOD TIMES!
1 comment:
Adam you have a little something on your upper lip... my bad, that's part of your costume right:). JK bro, you're lookin' good. What does Trey think of your little moostache/moustache?
Post a Comment