Our Diesl Bug!
I can't believe I have a 3 year old.
I can't believe I have a 3 year old.
He got to open a couple presents on his Birthday May 3rd and then we saved the rest for his party.
May 5th, we had a Birthday party for Diesl at an awesome park. Guests were: Eugene and my grandma, my Aunt Shauna, my cousin Kalani and her boys Cole and Luke, my friend Lisa and her son Daniel (Diesl's friend since infancy)
It was great weather and the boys had a great time in the water and on the playground. Adam filled up some water balloons and the boys had a riot. They didn't quite get the concept of a 'Water Balloon Fight' until there were 3 balloons left. They were a little disappointed. (p.s. there was a creepy girl taking the boys pics during all of this and even getting right up in their faces. weird.)
Addison not too sure about this.
We ate some yummy food (Grandma's BBQ, Strawberry Spinach Salad, Pasta Salad, Cantaloupe, and Cherry Limeade to drink.) Diesl's cake did not look like this when first put together. The sun and heat destroyed it. But hey, doesn't the road in radiator springs get destroyed by Macqueen and that statue. I now say that this was the effect I was going for with the road OK! (p.s. this is the 2nd year in a row that Diesl has not been able to blow out candles due to wind. Good thing Adam and I let him have at it on our birthdays)
I decided to make his invitations and party favors this year. They turned out really cute. I made one party favor box and then Adam did the rest. That was very sweet of him and they turned out great! I filled the boxes with Cars fruit snacks and a balloon was supposed to be tied at the top but it didn't happen. Oh well.
A few things Diesl does or says that stand out to me:
1. He calls everyone "Buddy" It doesn't matter if you're young or old, boy or girl, he calls you buddy from the second he meets or sees you.
2. He calls a hamburger "Hangumer" no matter how hard we try it always come out this way.
3. He calls banana bread "Ganana Bread" He will say "Ba" and then "Nana" and then I have him say it fast and it always comes out ganana.
4. He counts 1-10 perfectly and even goes into the teens sometimes. (Thanks Sesame Street)
3. He calls banana bread "Ganana Bread" He will say "Ba" and then "Nana" and then I have him say it fast and it always comes out ganana.
4. He counts 1-10 perfectly and even goes into the teens sometimes. (Thanks Sesame Street)
5. He knows the alphabet and all of their sounds.
6. When he talks to Adam or I, he gets mixed up sometimes and calls Adam "Mom" and me "Dad" but lately he's been catching himself and calls Adam "MOD" and me "DAM" People are gonna think we're teaching him bad words.
7. He LOVES pretend play. We can play with our hand shadows on the wall for hours. He came up to me one day and pointing at himself saying "Daddy" I finally caught on and said "Oh hi daddy how are you?" In a deep manly voice he said "Good. I gonna go to work. Bye!" Too cute. He does this kind of stuff all the time.
8. Addison was crying on the floor one day while I was putting laundry away and Diesl gently went over to her and gave her a toy and then put her binkie in her mouth. I was observing this out of the corning of my eye. It just made my heart swell.
9. Addison pulls his hair all the time and he just sits there until I remove her death grip. He doesn't even get mad at her. She has also started grabbing at things he is playing with and he looks at her like 'are you really doing this?' I don't think he knows that she is going to get bigger and stronger and bug him to death. I just hope he stays as sweet as he is to her now.
6. When he talks to Adam or I, he gets mixed up sometimes and calls Adam "Mom" and me "Dad" but lately he's been catching himself and calls Adam "MOD" and me "DAM" People are gonna think we're teaching him bad words.
7. He LOVES pretend play. We can play with our hand shadows on the wall for hours. He came up to me one day and pointing at himself saying "Daddy" I finally caught on and said "Oh hi daddy how are you?" In a deep manly voice he said "Good. I gonna go to work. Bye!" Too cute. He does this kind of stuff all the time.
8. Addison was crying on the floor one day while I was putting laundry away and Diesl gently went over to her and gave her a toy and then put her binkie in her mouth. I was observing this out of the corning of my eye. It just made my heart swell.
9. Addison pulls his hair all the time and he just sits there until I remove her death grip. He doesn't even get mad at her. She has also started grabbing at things he is playing with and he looks at her like 'are you really doing this?' I don't think he knows that she is going to get bigger and stronger and bug him to death. I just hope he stays as sweet as he is to her now.
10. He does a cute shoulder shrug now when he is embarrassed or has nothing to say when asked a question. Don't know where he got this.
11. He insists on being independent ALL the time. He undresses and dresses himself from head to toe and does many other things on his own like going to the bathroom without even telling us (except when he wants us to come and see what just came out of him. gross, i know!)
12. He's very polite and good to say 'Please', 'Thank You', and 'Sorry'
13. He's always been a great eater. Sometimes I will give him a cookie and he doesn't want half of it. He loves veggies and even eats brussel sprouts, asparagus, and spinach.
3 Year Stats:
WT: 35.71 lbs. (85%)
HT: 37.99 in. (65%)
12. He's very polite and good to say 'Please', 'Thank You', and 'Sorry'
13. He's always been a great eater. Sometimes I will give him a cookie and he doesn't want half of it. He loves veggies and even eats brussel sprouts, asparagus, and spinach.
3 Year Stats:
WT: 35.71 lbs. (85%)
HT: 37.99 in. (65%)
Diesl is such a great friend. He would be buddies with anyone who will let him. There is so much more and I will probably add more as days go on. Don't get me wrong, he is still 3 and we all know what 3 year olds are made of but I want to remember these tender moments and want him to know how much we love him and his cute personality. He's growing up way too fast.



















1 comment:
He is so sweet! I can't believe he is 3 already!
Post a Comment