Tuesday, December 30, 2008

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Christmas at the Penrose casa was a blast. Christmas Eve we heard the story behind the Candycane and then read in the scriptures of Christ's birth. We enjoyed spending time with Adam's parents and Brian and Holly (Adam's brother and his wife.) It was so much fun watching Diesl open presents on Christmas morning. He would open one present and not want to open any others because he wasn't finished playing with the first one. Thanks to Sid and Kevan for the wonderful gifts to each of us.
Diesl was excited about the plethora of gifts and his new bike, but then quickly got embarrassed. Silly little dude!
Later on Christmas day, we drove up to see my side of the family. Diesl once again got spoiled with fun gifts. My parents gave Adam and I a headstart on our food storage, along with a recipe book. We sure needed and appreciate that. My family received what seems to be "the gift of the season", a Wii. We had so much fun playing; it seriously was a workout. Here Adam is playing tennis against my little brother Tyler. Nice backhand Ad:)
As many of you know, it snow all of Christmas day and into the night. This is what we woke up to. I must say, it was a spectacular sight. Adam, his dad, and his brother shoveled for about 3 - 4 hrs. to clear it all up. On Saturday, Adam's brother Jake came over and they got the 4-wheeler out. After trompling the snow and digging up some grass, Adam put on a hardhat and jumped on a tube behind the wheeler. Jake took off and I wondered if I was ever going to see them again.................ALIVE!

Reason's why I LOVED this Christmas:

1. Diesl was older and was actually interested in toys, not just the wrapping paper and boxes. 2. Must I say, THE SNOW!!!!!!! 3. We were able to spend quality time with the both sides of our family. 4. Oh, did I mention the beautiful snow. I was able to see it, enjoy it, and then leave it. 5. And I saved the best for last. I am grateful for my GIFT. I am grateful to my Savior for giving me the best gift anyone could ever receive and that is the gift of eternal life.

I speak for my beautiful little family by saying thank you to ALL of our family members on both sides. We want you to know that nothing you do for us gets underlooked. We give thanks each and every day for ALL of you and what you have done for us. We would not be where we are today without you.

WE LOVE YOU!!!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Holy Snow!! You guys are so lucky, you live close enough to play in it and then leave it.
It sure makes for a gorgeous christmas.