Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Camping At Red Cliffs Slides






On Friday Adam called & said he was going to be getting off early from work. We decided, on a whim, to go camping. I had one hour to get everything ready to go, but I did it and we headed to Red Cliffs Slides campground before it got dark. Diesl had a ball! He felt so free to run around & do what he pleased (although I think a fell quite a bit.) That night was unpleasant for Adam & I. We forgot Diesl's port-a-crib so he slept on the mattress with us (BIG MISTAKE!!!) Now I know why I had him sleep in his own bed at 3 months old; we didn't get an ounce of sleep with him rustling around ALL night. On top of that, we didn't expect it to be as cold as it was at night (well, cold for us 65degrees.) In the morning it was beautiful and we had a scrumptious pancake and eggs breakfast. We headed off on our hike to the Slides. Now a little 411: When it rains, the water runs down this canyon and it falls into 3 different pools along the way (really cool!!!) There is one spot where the water has carved a "Slide" into one of the pools so you can sit at the top and slide into the pool (Adam has done it before but I haven't; he says it is way fun.) Unfortunately we have not had rain in a while so the pools are super low (you can see in some pics where the water should be) and there is not a speck of water flowing down the canyon. Oh well, it was still fun. There was a spot we stopped with some sand & Diesl went crazy. It felt so good cuz it was cold. Anywho, it is PERFECT weather right now to get some camping in!!!

4 comments:

Christine said...

Those pictures are so cute!

Kirstin Patten said...

Hey CUTE! Man I miss it down there! Having you guys here this weekend made my missing St. George that much worse.. Oh well.. Someday we might be back. Anyway ours is dkpatten.blogspot.com just incase you forgot.

THANKS FOR COMING!! We had a blast and hope you did too!

Kirstin Patten said...

Hey what is your email address for that picture? Also what size of shoe does Adam wear? Ha ha weird question I know Dev has some shoes that don't fit him and they are still pretty nice..

The Taylor LIfe said...

Yeah, I am so glad you guys started a blog. Great way to keep in touch with family. I just want to thank you for that cute letter you sent us, it means so much, and it is not everyday that you get a letter in the mail. We are doing fabulous and are starting to enjoy life again.