Tuesday, June 2, 2009

It's Been A Looooooooooooooonnnnggg Time!!!

Well Life has been extra crazy for us lately and I am sure most of you know why, but if not, I will give you a short summary. Adam and I became official homeowners on March 18, 2009 (SCARY!!!) The house had been vacant for 7 months and needed quite a bit of overhaul. The cleaning began the day we received the keys. Adam's parents came down on the 19th and his dad fixed our sprinkler system (& also got spooked by some black widows and roaches. eek!) Adam's mom helped so much by cleaning, watching Diesl, and doing a little shopping with me. We appreciate all that they did for us and so much more. And the most crazy part is that the day we were suppose to move-in, March 29, I stepped (literally) into my worst nightmare, AN INCH OF WATER- E V E R Y W H E R E!!! I rushed to the sound of a Yellowstone geyser. The Toilet! After shutting the valve off, the only other thing I could think to do was pick as much as I could off the floor; like a laptop, boxes of kitchen stuff (even soaked cereal boxes.) I had no phone to call Adam, who was at our apartment loading a trailer, so I had to go to our neighbors house (who's INTERESTING) and asked to use her phone. I called Adam and picked him up, crying the whole way. My wonderful grandma and her husband Eugene came that day and helped mop up as much as we could and then offered their house as a place to stay since we needed to be out of our apartment by the 31st. What a relief to have such amazing, loving, and caring family. We stayed there until Easter weekend (almost 2 weeks) til my wonderful family came down and helped us move in (somewhat) and we got to have some fun with them.
So we're alive and well and that's how our new house story began. Things are coming along, not as fast as we would like, but we can't complain. We have been blessed to have this house and to be learning and growing together as a little family.
I will be posting before and after pics of the whole house when we're done so be patient.
*This is the first pic I have taken of the house and it happened to be on the day Adam cut down a nasty tree that was on right side of our house. So sorry. P.S. We will be landscaping eventually so I will do a before and after shot*
*So much cleaning and wonderful help from Ad's parents*
ADAM'S BIRTHDAY
*Adam had his 25th birthday on March 30th. As soon as he walked into the house, Eugene, grandma, and I shot confetti at him. It was quite fun but I don't think it startled him like I wanted it to. My grandma made her yummy poppyseed cake for him. Thanks grandma*
EASTER AND MY FAMILY
*My family came down for their spring break which was Easter weekend. They helped us out a lot by moving some things into the house from the garage. Friday afternoon, while Ad was at work, the rest of us went to Wayne and Steph's family condo and swam. Diesl had a blast jumping into the pool and splashing like crazy. He's always been my little water baby. When we got back from swimming, our house had flooded again. Same toilet, same problem except this time insurance wouldn't cover it. We had to cut out sheetrock just obove the baseboards and it was like cutting through butter, just soaked wet. My dad and brother helped out a lot. I am actually sad my family had to go through all that with us but I am so very glad and grateful for their help ( and for the help of my cousin Konae and her husband Chris, who actually discovered the flood with my little brother and sister and wet vacuumed most of it up by the time I got there. ) On Saturday, we hopped our fence and flew kites in the field behind our house. There is a middle school and an elementary school directly behind us with big open ground. Easter Sunday was fun. The kids did an egg hunt in our backyard and enjoyed their yummy treats (except for Diesl who ended up going to Instacare with his dad because he threw up in the night and then threw up in the doc's office. Come to find out, he had an ear infection. Poor kid*
KITE FESTIVAL

*On Saturday, April 18th, Diesl and I went to the "Kite Festival." (Ad was working) They do this festival every year and anyone can come and fly their kite. There's usually hundreds of kites in the sky at one time. It was hot but Diesl had a blast doing the bounce houses and blowup slides. They also had tons of other activities and games for kids of all ages. In the first video, Diesl wanted to go down the slide all by himself so I decied I would let him try. The landing was real rough; I felt bad. Adam thinks the video is hilarious so maybe you will too. The next two videos are of Diesl on a makeshift train that he LOVED. I couldn't see my camera screen very well so I didn't get Diesl very well in the 3rd video but you can hear him saying "BYE!" the whole time. I went with him a second time cuz I was tired of standing. We had fun!
MY BABY'S 2
*Diesl turned 2 on May 3rd. His birthday landed on a Sunday so we did a birthday dinner at my grandma's house. It was delicious. On Monday, we threw a Birthday party at an amazing park with a couple of Diesl's friends. It was quite windy, we couldn't light the candles. He also had his 2 year appointment that day and luckily didn't need any shots. Yay! He weighs 30 lbs. He sure is a brute. I had so much fun making his cake. Ad's mom gave me a cake kit for my birthday so I tried it out. It's reusable cupcake cups that you shape together to make what you would like. Well Diesl is a freak for cars so he enjoyed it. He loved all of his gifts and especially the ones from his grandmas and grandpas*
RANDOM PICS
*It's so fun to wake up some mornings and see hot air balloons right above our house. Diesl is so fascinated by the giant balloons. Diesl's first summer trip to the splashpad. He loves it when people splash him like crazy. Diesl in his bed for the first time in our new house. We decided to try no rails and he did good for a while except one night Ad went in there cuz he was crying and Diesl was in the middle of the room but his blankets were against a wall. He doesn't try to get out of the crib so we just put the rails back up for now*
THE JORGENSEN'S VISIT

*My sister Sholly and her family stopped by on May 11 and spent the night while on their way to Vegas. Diesl had so much fun playing with his cousins. He hardly ever gets to see them. Diesl got a pool for his birthday so we filled it up and the kids had a blast. After playing in the pool, we went to a place called Jumpn' Jaks and released some energy. This place is just chuck full of huge blow up slides and bounce houses. They had fun but it wore them out quick. We are so glad they came to visit us.
PLAYIN' IN THE DIRT/SAND

*We haven't fixed up the backyard yet so there are patches of dirt where the grass is dead. Diesl has claimed this spot as his sandbox and I guess it works for now until we can get a real one for him. He throws sand up and it get in his eyes so then he rubs his eyes with hands and makes a mess of his face. He looks so cute though. In the 2nd pic can you find my flipflops?*
*A regular day of watching Daniel. They spend a good hour playing and eat popsicles. Diesl's starting to dive head first into the upper pool. YIKES*
MEMORIAL WEEKEND

*Our good friends Deven and Kirstin came to St. George for the weekend and we all went camping. Adam, Diesl, and I camped Friday night and Saturday night but our friends camped the whole weekend and left Tuesday morning. Diesl had tons of fun chasing lizards, frogs, and mostly hanging out with Deven. He couldn't get enough of that guy. On Monday night, all of us went out to eat and then mini golfing. It was real windy but we had fun goofing around and re-putting as many times as we wanted. Diesl enjoyed golfing with his dad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How fun! Bevan and I just bought our first house too - it was a foreclosed house and had been sitting empty for over a year, but so far so good:) Diesl is getting so big and he's so cute! Bevan and I are hoping to make it out to Utah in March, our baby will be 4 months by then:)